I have normal power needs, electric stove, oil hotwater, microwave oven, window A/C units. I also will be using some power tools like radial arm saw, router etc. I was wondering if I should upgrade or not. I haven't moved into the house yet so I can't tell if lights dim etc. The people there now work on cars so they have arc welding equipment and a compressor, lathe and all the other stuff that goes into keeping a stock car.
are you saying that the former tenants ran all that equipment from the house service panel?....if so, then i imagine there was/is some definite "light-dimming" going on. at my home, i have a 200 amp. service, with a 100 amp. sub for my shop only. and i dont have an arc-welder! you might need to look into upgrading the service, and installing a sub for your shop, just to be safe.
hope this helps....
hope this helps....
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?