Tips on updating breaker box to 200 amp
first off, you should consider what your paying per KWH , here it is almost $.12 , and electric heat is probably THE most expensive way to heat.
next, a home's electrical needs are 'sized' to what is called a 'Demand Load Calculation' , which basically takes the square footage & appliances into consideration.
last, you should not simply upgrade one piece of your electrical service like the panel, as the main wire from the poco to the meter, the meter itself, as well as the wire from the meter into your panel, and all grounding conductors must follow suit for a safe installation.
BTW, I am in the Northeast (Long Island - almost .14/KWH) and the Utility (Power Co.) here requires the House to have certain Insulation values before they will approve installations of Electric Heat. If your set on this it might be a good idea to check with them to make sure that there will be no problem.
[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited September 28, 2002).]
Circuit around or through an I-beam
Finishing Basement - Switchbox Questions
K+T: to replace or not to replace...
What size wire do I use coming off the pole to my ho...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees