Tips on updating breaker box to 200 amp
first off, you should consider what your paying per KWH , here it is almost $.12 , and electric heat is probably THE most expensive way to heat.
next, a home's electrical needs are 'sized' to what is called a 'Demand Load Calculation' , which basically takes the square footage & appliances into consideration.
last, you should not simply upgrade one piece of your electrical service like the panel, as the main wire from the poco to the meter, the meter itself, as well as the wire from the meter into your panel, and all grounding conductors must follow suit for a safe installation.
BTW, I am in the Northeast (Long Island - almost .14/KWH) and the Utility (Power Co.) here requires the House to have certain Insulation values before they will approve installations of Electric Heat. If your set on this it might be a good idea to check with them to make sure that there will be no problem.
[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited September 28, 2002).]
Circuit around or through an I-beam
Finishing Basement - Switchbox Questions
K+T: to replace or not to replace...
What size wire do I use coming off the pole to my ho...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs