Tips on updating breaker box to 200 amp
first off, you should consider what your paying per KWH , here it is almost $.12 , and electric heat is probably THE most expensive way to heat.
next, a home's electrical needs are 'sized' to what is called a 'Demand Load Calculation' , which basically takes the square footage & appliances into consideration.
last, you should not simply upgrade one piece of your electrical service like the panel, as the main wire from the poco to the meter, the meter itself, as well as the wire from the meter into your panel, and all grounding conductors must follow suit for a safe installation.
BTW, I am in the Northeast (Long Island - almost .14/KWH) and the Utility (Power Co.) here requires the House to have certain Insulation values before they will approve installations of Electric Heat. If your set on this it might be a good idea to check with them to make sure that there will be no problem.
[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited September 28, 2002).]
Circuit around or through an I-beam
Finishing Basement - Switchbox Questions
K+T: to replace or not to replace...
What size wire do I use coming off the pole to my ho...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers