Tips on updating breaker box to 200 amp
first off, you should consider what your paying per KWH , here it is almost $.12 , and electric heat is probably THE most expensive way to heat.
next, a home's electrical needs are 'sized' to what is called a 'Demand Load Calculation' , which basically takes the square footage & appliances into consideration.
last, you should not simply upgrade one piece of your electrical service like the panel, as the main wire from the poco to the meter, the meter itself, as well as the wire from the meter into your panel, and all grounding conductors must follow suit for a safe installation.
BTW, I am in the Northeast (Long Island - almost .14/KWH) and the Utility (Power Co.) here requires the House to have certain Insulation values before they will approve installations of Electric Heat. If your set on this it might be a good idea to check with them to make sure that there will be no problem.
[This message has been edited by Bill Addiss (edited September 28, 2002).]
Circuit around or through an I-beam
Finishing Basement - Switchbox Questions
K+T: to replace or not to replace...
What size wire do I use coming off the pole to my ho...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!