I have been looking into placing reccessed lighting in my kitchen, upon measuring the depth inside the ceiling, I only have 3 1/2 inches of room available to place a canister. I was told there are no recessed lighting products available that would fit. Any suggestions??
It's a matter of personal choice, but I have recessed can lighting in my kitchen and would rather have a large fluorescent fixture or other lighting method. The reason is that the light is spotty, unless you use a lot of them, and then you use a lot of power to get good light. I have five 75-watt bulbs burning that could be replaced by two 40-watt fluorescent bulbs. That's 80 watts vs. 375.
7ft Ceiling in high traffic Hallway-Recessed Lightin...
recessed lighting problems
How to install recessed lighting within a basement d...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects