I have been looking into placing reccessed lighting in my kitchen, upon measuring the depth inside the ceiling, I only have 3 1/2 inches of room available to place a canister. I was told there are no recessed lighting products available that would fit. Any suggestions??
It's a matter of personal choice, but I have recessed can lighting in my kitchen and would rather have a large fluorescent fixture or other lighting method. The reason is that the light is spotty, unless you use a lot of them, and then you use a lot of power to get good light. I have five 75-watt bulbs burning that could be replaced by two 40-watt fluorescent bulbs. That's 80 watts vs. 375.
7ft Ceiling in high traffic Hallway-Recessed Lightin...
recessed lighting problems
How to install recessed lighting within a basement d...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love