I have been looking into placing reccessed lighting in my kitchen, upon measuring the depth inside the ceiling, I only have 3 1/2 inches of room available to place a canister. I was told there are no recessed lighting products available that would fit. Any suggestions??
It's a matter of personal choice, but I have recessed can lighting in my kitchen and would rather have a large fluorescent fixture or other lighting method. The reason is that the light is spotty, unless you use a lot of them, and then you use a lot of power to get good light. I have five 75-watt bulbs burning that could be replaced by two 40-watt fluorescent bulbs. That's 80 watts vs. 375.
7ft Ceiling in high traffic Hallway-Recessed Lightin...
recessed lighting problems
How to install recessed lighting within a basement d...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight