My cabinets are 34 inches above the finished floor (they are existing cabinets so I don't want to raise them from the bottom). It looks like they were installed on the subfloor so I lose a half inch with my finished floor. There is no countertop installed yet, but I plan on getting a silestone countertop that is 1 1/4 inches. This would make the total height 35 1/4. I need it to be 36 inches to fit my slide in stove and dishwasher. Can I put a layer of 3/4 inch plywood under the silestone to raise the height? Will it look bad? What can I do to mask the plywood once the countertop is installed.
I appreciate any help. Thank you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!