My cabinets are 34 inches above the finished floor (they are existing cabinets so I don't want to raise them from the bottom). It looks like they were installed on the subfloor so I lose a half inch with my finished floor. There is no countertop installed yet, but I plan on getting a silestone countertop that is 1 1/4 inches. This would make the total height 35 1/4. I need it to be 36 inches to fit my slide in stove and dishwasher. Can I put a layer of 3/4 inch plywood under the silestone to raise the height? Will it look bad? What can I do to mask the plywood once the countertop is installed.
I appreciate any help. Thank you.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight