Recently I have noticed my appliances and lights dimming whenever another appliance is being used. Example: I have the exhaust fan over the range on low and when the compressor for the refrigerator turns on the fan either increases or decreases in speed. The same happens wheen using the microwave. Set the microwave on high and the power fluctuates if you turn on the garbage disposal, exhaust fan, etc. Of course, the lights dim when the central air and heat units comes on. I can go on to explain what happens when I used the washer, but maybe another time. I asked an electrician for some advice. He stated a possible short in a gorund wire could cause the problem. Has anyone experienced the same problem? Does anyone have a suggestion? I want to be sure to have some knowledge, before an electrician comes out inspect and I pay for things that I do not need.
I have the same problem however I live in a mobile home and I have noticed that there are way to many circuts coming off the same breaker. Try to plug the microwave in another part of the house and run it if this is the problem you will not have any problems with the dimming.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!