I'm trying to refinish a teak table, but it has an area that has been sanded down too deep. The rest of the top has sanded beautifully. I don't know what to do about the one deep gouge which is very light in color. Can I stain it to match the rest of the table? Or stain the whole table? Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!
For teak furniture, you generally do not have to refinish them since they are naturally oily. I think it is okay to start the finish on the sanded part. It should not be too damaging to the wood, and the overall effect should be good.
If you are refinishing teak furniture you do not have to do too much prep work. Your goal is to keep the natural oils in the timber. If the natural oils are still in the timber then you will not have any problems with UV degradation, and it should be pest resistant. There is a lot of recycled teak furniture around that does not need maintenance because of the natural properties of the teak.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!