Good comment. My county has no building codes or inspectors. I recently enclosed my carport and turned it into a workshop and I decided to hire an electrician run the new wire from the main box to the breaker box in the shop. I did the shop wiring myself, but didn't feel comfortable running the new wire.
Good points. It is a common misconception that passing inspection means that the job has been done right. This argument is used all too often to justify work being done by inexperienced persons. Even if Inspectors may put extra effort into inspections under these circumstances I think it is unreasonable to assume that they would be able to properly assess every single aspect of every installation.
Could we have an Inspector opinion on this?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers