The pull chain that controls the lighting on a ceiling fan in our dining room was pulled completely out and I am wondering what would be the best repair method to use. Any help appreciated.
Go to your local hardware store and purchase another pull switch for a ceiling fan. If it is a light switch it only needs to be the type that has two positions(on and off). If it is for the fan then you will need a three position switch. Made sure you turn off the power before attempting to replace it. It will be pretty straightforward, match the same color of wires and connect with wire nuts. If the colors do not match then refer to the instructions on the switch package. Hope this helps.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!