Buzz from Ceiling Fan on Dimmer
I recently replaced my wall switch with a dimmer to control the ceiling fan and light (single dimmer). Although both the light & fan work properly with the dimmer, I hear a prononuced buzz when the fan is on. No buzz when the light only is on. Any ideas? Thanks.
Do you have a special dimmer made for that purpose? Last I knew most ceiling fans and lights should not be used with the same type or dimmer. If you want to dim the light, it should be on its own dimmer, separate from the fan.
Hunter Ceiling Fan with remote, A few issues with wa...
Ceiling Fan Wiring
Ceiling fan/dimmer woes - Arrgh!
Wiring ceiling fan w/ 14-3 sheathed electrical cable
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects