I recently replaced my wall switch with a dimmer to control the ceiling fan and light (single dimmer). Although both the light & fan work properly with the dimmer, I hear a prononuced buzz when the fan is on. No buzz when the light only is on. Any ideas? Thanks.
Do you have a special dimmer made for that purpose? Last I knew most ceiling fans and lights should not be used with the same type or dimmer. If you want to dim the light, it should be on its own dimmer, separate from the fan.
Hunter Ceiling Fan with remote, A few issues with wa...
Ceiling Fan Wiring
Ceiling fan/dimmer woes - Arrgh!
Wiring ceiling fan w/ 14-3 sheathed electrical cable
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!