Yes, there ARE rules. And the cans should come w/directions. Insulation is one BIG concern. They may be IC or not IC rated. Again, read the paperwork ...
RE: Where to put them, there should be 'coverage' info provided too. If the bulb is recessed vs. just the 'can' (but not the bulb), coverage varies. Again, read the paperwork. AT worst, talk to the Retailer that sold them to you.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
7ft Ceiling in high traffic Hallway-Recessed Lightin...
recessed lighting problems
installing recessed lighting
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects