GFI on a 3-way circuit?
Well the light works fine, but my circuit tester says my GFCIs have an open ground. By my thinking, I should have two potential grounds since this is a 3-way circuit. What I'm wondering though is do I actually have a problem with my nuetral since I'm trying to get power from a 3-way circuit. Also, can I fix my problem by just eliminating one of the swithces on my 3-way circuit?
I'm not pluggin the anything into a circuit that's not properly grounded, especially something that combine water AND electricity.
I appreciate any help, and do have most basic test equipment (circuit tester, voltmeter, etc.)
Just had another thought.. Some circuit testers might give "open ground" readings on GFI outlets because of the difference between them and "regular" outlets. Just for fun, try replacing temporarily with a "regular" outlet and see if it reads "open ground" with that tester.
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited May 31, 2001).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?