How many wires through holes in framing?
Don't run phone lines, TV coax, or any other kind of signal cable in the same holes with the sheathed electrical cable. It will compromise the quality of your phone/tv/whatever service. If at all possible, keep other lines a couple of inches from sheathed electrical cable EVERYWHERE. Especially if you use a computer.
bit, but you have to keep the 1 1/4" clearance in mind. Using a 3/4" bit you should only put two 12/2's through that hole. Using a 15/16" bit you can get 3 12/2's through that hole. When pulling multiple wires through one hole be very carfull not to cause a friction burn on the other wires in the hole.
Article 300-4. "Protection Against Physical Damage" in the National Electrical Code book is the only thing that covers anything about nonmetallic-sheathed cables being run parallel , perpendicular or even through framing members
I have the 1999 latest version of the National Electrical Code book (the 2002 version won't be available until October) on my computer, if you have any question on the issue you can always email me at ChristopherSprks@aol.com. I will be glad to send you the article #'s and the text that the article contains.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!