How many wires through holes in framing?
Don't run phone lines, TV coax, or any other kind of signal cable in the same holes with the sheathed electrical cable. It will compromise the quality of your phone/tv/whatever service. If at all possible, keep other lines a couple of inches from sheathed electrical cable EVERYWHERE. Especially if you use a computer.
bit, but you have to keep the 1 1/4" clearance in mind. Using a 3/4" bit you should only put two 12/2's through that hole. Using a 15/16" bit you can get 3 12/2's through that hole. When pulling multiple wires through one hole be very carfull not to cause a friction burn on the other wires in the hole.
Article 300-4. "Protection Against Physical Damage" in the National Electrical Code book is the only thing that covers anything about nonmetallic-sheathed cables being run parallel , perpendicular or even through framing members
I have the 1999 latest version of the National Electrical Code book (the 2002 version won't be available until October) on my computer, if you have any question on the issue you can always email me at [email protected] I will be glad to send you the article #'s and the text that the article contains.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes