How many wires through holes in framing?
Don't run phone lines, TV coax, or any other kind of signal cable in the same holes with the sheathed electrical cable. It will compromise the quality of your phone/tv/whatever service. If at all possible, keep other lines a couple of inches from sheathed electrical cable EVERYWHERE. Especially if you use a computer.
bit, but you have to keep the 1 1/4" clearance in mind. Using a 3/4" bit you should only put two 12/2's through that hole. Using a 15/16" bit you can get 3 12/2's through that hole. When pulling multiple wires through one hole be very carfull not to cause a friction burn on the other wires in the hole.
Article 300-4. "Protection Against Physical Damage" in the National Electrical Code book is the only thing that covers anything about nonmetallic-sheathed cables being run parallel , perpendicular or even through framing members
I have the 1999 latest version of the National Electrical Code book (the 2002 version won't be available until October) on my computer, if you have any question on the issue you can always email me at ChristopherSprks@aol.com. I will be glad to send you the article #'s and the text that the article contains.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Pest, Be Gone! 10 Steps to a Critter-Free Home
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight