How many wires through holes in framing?
Don't run phone lines, TV coax, or any other kind of signal cable in the same holes with the sheathed electrical cable. It will compromise the quality of your phone/tv/whatever service. If at all possible, keep other lines a couple of inches from sheathed electrical cable EVERYWHERE. Especially if you use a computer.
bit, but you have to keep the 1 1/4" clearance in mind. Using a 3/4" bit you should only put two 12/2's through that hole. Using a 15/16" bit you can get 3 12/2's through that hole. When pulling multiple wires through one hole be very carfull not to cause a friction burn on the other wires in the hole.
Article 300-4. "Protection Against Physical Damage" in the National Electrical Code book is the only thing that covers anything about nonmetallic-sheathed cables being run parallel , perpendicular or even through framing members
I have the 1999 latest version of the National Electrical Code book (the 2002 version won't be available until October) on my computer, if you have any question on the issue you can always email me at ChristopherSprks@aol.com. I will be glad to send you the article #'s and the text that the article contains.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING