What is an average price to install an outlet for a new hot water heater? How about "regular" 3-prong outlets in bedrooms? We have a list (9-10) items of small electrical repairs/installations. . .is it less expensive to have all done at once instead of spreading repairs out over a year (like a volume discount)?
You really need to work with the electrician on this.Alot depends on how busy they are vs. when you need it done.I don't know that you'll do any better by spreading the work out over time,however,I have a carpenter who works for me rainy days only at a reduced rate because he normally works on new framing outdoors.As long as you aren't in a hurry,you can wheel and deal somewhat.
This might be a frustrating answer, but it is impossible and misleading to speak in terms of an "average" price because each installation will differ depending on where the circuit breaker is located, wheteher it has adequate amperage to spare to add a circuit, and the layout/construction of your home. I am not an electrician, but I have done enough electrical work to know that electricians are not just trying to hoodwink you by saying that they cannot give an estimate without visiting the home.
how to install GFCI protection on multiwire branch c...
Questions regarding purchase of older house
Looking to buy an older house - have questions
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!