Electrical outlet mystery
[This message has been edited by Matches (edited September 19, 2001).]
I bought one of those Circuit Testers that you plug one 'component' in the outlet and use the other component (a 'wand') to 'run past' each breaker until you find the breaker you want. It's a GREAT gadget! Except it doesn't work for things like ceiling lights. (I can't seem to find one of those old-fashioned, screw in outlets that you use to be able to screw into a ceiling light so you can use it as an outlet. I think for safety reasons, they don't make them any more ...)
Anyways, turn the breaker on and off a couple of times to be SURE it resets. You could possibly have someone stand at the circuit panel to see what happens.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
It could be in any of those rooms, in the breaker box, in the garage or storage room, or even in the crawl space.
I do know of one case where a corroded wire on an outside light fixture caused the outlets in the bathroom to fail. That's worth checking.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY