Electrical outlet mystery
[This message has been edited by Matches (edited September 19, 2001).]
I bought one of those Circuit Testers that you plug one 'component' in the outlet and use the other component (a 'wand') to 'run past' each breaker until you find the breaker you want. It's a GREAT gadget! Except it doesn't work for things like ceiling lights. (I can't seem to find one of those old-fashioned, screw in outlets that you use to be able to screw into a ceiling light so you can use it as an outlet. I think for safety reasons, they don't make them any more ...)
Anyways, turn the breaker on and off a couple of times to be SURE it resets. You could possibly have someone stand at the circuit panel to see what happens.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
It could be in any of those rooms, in the breaker box, in the garage or storage room, or even in the crawl space.
I do know of one case where a corroded wire on an outside light fixture caused the outlets in the bathroom to fail. That's worth checking.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!