The first thing I would check is where does the wiring come from now? Is it running through the wall for some distance or is it under the floor or maybe even coming down from above?
You can get the right outlets from a hardware store or electrical supply house.
I'm not an electrician but I'm almost 100% sure that there is a special outlet for a floor, especially where dust and dirt is a concern.
We have one in our family room. It's a completely metal/brass unit w/a screw-on 'cover' for the outlet. It is a single outlet. I'm SURE the outlet needs to be GFCI and it may need to have a cover. As rpxlpx says, just ask someone at the store.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: IF you're going to hook power-equipment to this outlet, I'd have it on a totally SEPARATE run to the breaker panel. This way, you ensure that the power delivery to this outlet (or other outlets that use power) is adequate. There's nothing like turning on a couple of lights and finding out you're constantly popping the breaker because the saw is TOO much on the draw ...
PPS: God Bless America!
low profile plug for floor outlet
Recessed lights for first floor kitchen..precautions?
recessed lighting problems/"pops"
jacuzzi tub+ floor outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees