The first thing I would check is where does the wiring come from now? Is it running through the wall for some distance or is it under the floor or maybe even coming down from above?
You can get the right outlets from a hardware store or electrical supply house.
I'm not an electrician but I'm almost 100% sure that there is a special outlet for a floor, especially where dust and dirt is a concern.
We have one in our family room. It's a completely metal/brass unit w/a screw-on 'cover' for the outlet. It is a single outlet. I'm SURE the outlet needs to be GFCI and it may need to have a cover. As rpxlpx says, just ask someone at the store.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: IF you're going to hook power-equipment to this outlet, I'd have it on a totally SEPARATE run to the breaker panel. This way, you ensure that the power delivery to this outlet (or other outlets that use power) is adequate. There's nothing like turning on a couple of lights and finding out you're constantly popping the breaker because the saw is TOO much on the draw ...
PPS: God Bless America!
low profile plug for floor outlet
Recessed lights for first floor kitchen..precautions?
recessed lighting problems/"pops"
jacuzzi tub+ floor outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers