The first thing I would check is where does the wiring come from now? Is it running through the wall for some distance or is it under the floor or maybe even coming down from above?
You can get the right outlets from a hardware store or electrical supply house.
I'm not an electrician but I'm almost 100% sure that there is a special outlet for a floor, especially where dust and dirt is a concern.
We have one in our family room. It's a completely metal/brass unit w/a screw-on 'cover' for the outlet. It is a single outlet. I'm SURE the outlet needs to be GFCI and it may need to have a cover. As rpxlpx says, just ask someone at the store.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: IF you're going to hook power-equipment to this outlet, I'd have it on a totally SEPARATE run to the breaker panel. This way, you ensure that the power delivery to this outlet (or other outlets that use power) is adequate. There's nothing like turning on a couple of lights and finding out you're constantly popping the breaker because the saw is TOO much on the draw ...
PPS: God Bless America!
low profile plug for floor outlet
Recessed lights for first floor kitchen..precautions?
recessed lighting problems/"pops"
jacuzzi tub+ floor outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight