The first thing I would check is where does the wiring come from now? Is it running through the wall for some distance or is it under the floor or maybe even coming down from above?
You can get the right outlets from a hardware store or electrical supply house.
I'm not an electrician but I'm almost 100% sure that there is a special outlet for a floor, especially where dust and dirt is a concern.
We have one in our family room. It's a completely metal/brass unit w/a screw-on 'cover' for the outlet. It is a single outlet. I'm SURE the outlet needs to be GFCI and it may need to have a cover. As rpxlpx says, just ask someone at the store.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: IF you're going to hook power-equipment to this outlet, I'd have it on a totally SEPARATE run to the breaker panel. This way, you ensure that the power delivery to this outlet (or other outlets that use power) is adequate. There's nothing like turning on a couple of lights and finding out you're constantly popping the breaker because the saw is TOO much on the draw ...
PPS: God Bless America!
low profile plug for floor outlet
Recessed lights for first floor kitchen..precautions?
recessed lighting problems/"pops"
jacuzzi tub+ floor outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY