The first thing I would check is where does the wiring come from now? Is it running through the wall for some distance or is it under the floor or maybe even coming down from above?
You can get the right outlets from a hardware store or electrical supply house.
I'm not an electrician but I'm almost 100% sure that there is a special outlet for a floor, especially where dust and dirt is a concern.
We have one in our family room. It's a completely metal/brass unit w/a screw-on 'cover' for the outlet. It is a single outlet. I'm SURE the outlet needs to be GFCI and it may need to have a cover. As rpxlpx says, just ask someone at the store.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: IF you're going to hook power-equipment to this outlet, I'd have it on a totally SEPARATE run to the breaker panel. This way, you ensure that the power delivery to this outlet (or other outlets that use power) is adequate. There's nothing like turning on a couple of lights and finding out you're constantly popping the breaker because the saw is TOO much on the draw ...
PPS: God Bless America!
low profile plug for floor outlet
Recessed lights for first floor kitchen..precautions?
recessed lighting problems/"pops"
jacuzzi tub+ floor outlet
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!