Electric Ceiling Heat
You didn't say if the heating is in the highest floor of the house, and if the house has an attic. If it is, then the wiring is probably in the attic and would not be a problem. Also, if the wiring is in walls, but those aren't the walls you want to move, then it probably wouldn't be a problem.
Any other set of conditions would have it's own set of problems and difficulties. Far more information is needed.
The room in question is on the lower floor with a floor above it. The thermostat is not on the wall that we want to move. The wall we want to move will shrink the room by about 2ft.
good luck and happy hunting
I have a feeling its enbedded in the plaster from what i have seen when we put a can light in.
The canned light we put in was just replacing an existing ceiling light. From what we have researched already, we know that the heating cables start 6 inches from the parameter of the room walls and do not exist where original lighting was installed. We have thought that maybe we could cut the plaster (severing the cables) where we want to build the wall, and then have a professional electrician repair the cable breaks and then we could replaster the ceiling section to the new wall. We really don't want to abandon the whole ceiling heating system (for a baseboard or wall heater) as we really like the ceiling heat system!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects