I recently had central air installed and the electrician put the 4 circuit breakers in a now full 100 amp panel. The lights on that circuit dim whenever the ac cycles. We have a 200 amp panel also that is almost empty. Should'nt he have located these breakers in the 200 amp panel? Also should these breakers be located as close to the 200 amp main breaker as possible or does it not matter?
are the breakers installed all on the same side of the 100 amp. panel?..if so, the problem may be an unbalanced load in the panel. and, yes, it prolly would have been better to use the 200 amp. panel, and to divide the load between the busses, i.e. 2 0n the left bus and 2 on the right. a loose neutral can also cause the light dimming problem you indicate.
hope this helps!
hope this helps!
Adding a sub-panel to existing service/hot tub
recommended wire size for 100 amp service
Installing a 50 Amp GFCI breaker for use with Hot tub.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs