I recently had central air installed and the electrician put the 4 circuit breakers in a now full 100 amp panel. The lights on that circuit dim whenever the ac cycles. We have a 200 amp panel also that is almost empty. Should'nt he have located these breakers in the 200 amp panel? Also should these breakers be located as close to the 200 amp main breaker as possible or does it not matter?
are the breakers installed all on the same side of the 100 amp. panel?..if so, the problem may be an unbalanced load in the panel. and, yes, it prolly would have been better to use the 200 amp. panel, and to divide the load between the busses, i.e. 2 0n the left bus and 2 on the right. a loose neutral can also cause the light dimming problem you indicate.
hope this helps!
hope this helps!
Adding a sub-panel to existing service/hot tub
recommended wire size for 100 amp service
Installing a 50 Amp GFCI breaker for use with Hot tub.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps