I recently had central air installed and the electrician put the 4 circuit breakers in a now full 100 amp panel. The lights on that circuit dim whenever the ac cycles. We have a 200 amp panel also that is almost empty. Should'nt he have located these breakers in the 200 amp panel? Also should these breakers be located as close to the 200 amp main breaker as possible or does it not matter?
are the breakers installed all on the same side of the 100 amp. panel?..if so, the problem may be an unbalanced load in the panel. and, yes, it prolly would have been better to use the 200 amp. panel, and to divide the load between the busses, i.e. 2 0n the left bus and 2 on the right. a loose neutral can also cause the light dimming problem you indicate.
hope this helps!
hope this helps!
Adding a sub-panel to existing service/hot tub
recommended wire size for 100 amp service
Installing a 50 Amp GFCI breaker for use with Hot tub.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees