I recently had central air installed and the electrician put the 4 circuit breakers in a now full 100 amp panel. The lights on that circuit dim whenever the ac cycles. We have a 200 amp panel also that is almost empty. Should'nt he have located these breakers in the 200 amp panel? Also should these breakers be located as close to the 200 amp main breaker as possible or does it not matter?
are the breakers installed all on the same side of the 100 amp. panel?..if so, the problem may be an unbalanced load in the panel. and, yes, it prolly would have been better to use the 200 amp. panel, and to divide the load between the busses, i.e. 2 0n the left bus and 2 on the right. a loose neutral can also cause the light dimming problem you indicate.
hope this helps!
hope this helps!
Adding a sub-panel to existing service/hot tub
recommended wire size for 100 amp service
Installing a 50 Amp GFCI breaker for use with Hot tub.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!