I recently had central air installed and the electrician put the 4 circuit breakers in a now full 100 amp panel. The lights on that circuit dim whenever the ac cycles. We have a 200 amp panel also that is almost empty. Should'nt he have located these breakers in the 200 amp panel? Also should these breakers be located as close to the 200 amp main breaker as possible or does it not matter?
are the breakers installed all on the same side of the 100 amp. panel?..if so, the problem may be an unbalanced load in the panel. and, yes, it prolly would have been better to use the 200 amp. panel, and to divide the load between the busses, i.e. 2 0n the left bus and 2 on the right. a loose neutral can also cause the light dimming problem you indicate.
hope this helps!
hope this helps!
Adding a sub-panel to existing service/hot tub
recommended wire size for 100 amp service
Installing a 50 Amp GFCI breaker for use with Hot tub.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes