Knob & Tube Wiring
Another drawback is that most installations had very few circuits & you may find that with all the modern gizmos you own, you could have some trouble tripping circuit brekers.
Since you have the money available, I'd recommend doing the replacement just so you'd have the peace of mind.
Also, I've heard that some insurance companies will not insure buildings with K&T wiring. I've had to jerk it out & replace it in a few homes in the area I live in.
Would you recommend nonmetallic sheathed typ NM-B cables "sheathed electrical cable", or Type AC, Armor Clad Cable, known as "BX" ?
I've never been a fan of Armored Cable, Metal Clad is more to my liking. I wouldn't even be able to guess how much money using AC or MC cable would add to the cost. If cost is not a prine consideration, MC would be my choice.
To the best of my knowledge, "sheathed electrical cable" has an excellant safety record when properly installed. Therefore, for most of us with limited resources, I'd have no second thoughts recommending sheathed electrical cable, provided that it meets local codes.
Knob & Tube wiring....
Installing a Ceiling Fan with Knob and Tube Wiring
Knob & Tube Wiring Questions
Knob & Tube Wiring and New Insulation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes