Knob & Tube Wiring
Another drawback is that most installations had very few circuits & you may find that with all the modern gizmos you own, you could have some trouble tripping circuit brekers.
Since you have the money available, I'd recommend doing the replacement just so you'd have the peace of mind.
Also, I've heard that some insurance companies will not insure buildings with K&T wiring. I've had to jerk it out & replace it in a few homes in the area I live in.
Would you recommend nonmetallic sheathed typ NM-B cables "sheathed electrical cable", or Type AC, Armor Clad Cable, known as "BX" ?
I've never been a fan of Armored Cable, Metal Clad is more to my liking. I wouldn't even be able to guess how much money using AC or MC cable would add to the cost. If cost is not a prine consideration, MC would be my choice.
To the best of my knowledge, "sheathed electrical cable" has an excellant safety record when properly installed. Therefore, for most of us with limited resources, I'd have no second thoughts recommending sheathed electrical cable, provided that it meets local codes.
Knob & Tube wiring....
Installing a Ceiling Fan with Knob and Tube Wiring
Knob & Tube Wiring Questions
Knob & Tube Wiring and New Insulation
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects