Is Aluminum Wiring still permitted by Code?
To the best of anyones knowledge, is their any electrical code in place in the US that permits AL wiring to be used? Thanks!
Generally bigger wires for Service Entrance, and Feeders yes, smaller wires for branch circuits no.....
Have you seen any company manufacture aluminum branch circuit wiring? I don't think it is being manufactured anymore.
They used to use aluminum wiring in mobile homes years ago, but disimilair metal corrosion had caused a lot of fires and thats the main reason you dont see aluminum being used for anything under 2/0 anymore. There are a lot of breakers and recepticles manufactured that can accept both types of wires, but no one produces wire anymore out of aluminum. I dont know if it is against code, or just not practical anymore, but thats mainly why you dont see it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps