Is Aluminum Wiring still permitted by Code?
To the best of anyones knowledge, is their any electrical code in place in the US that permits AL wiring to be used? Thanks!
Generally bigger wires for Service Entrance, and Feeders yes, smaller wires for branch circuits no.....
Have you seen any company manufacture aluminum branch circuit wiring? I don't think it is being manufactured anymore.
They used to use aluminum wiring in mobile homes years ago, but disimilair metal corrosion had caused a lot of fires and thats the main reason you dont see aluminum being used for anything under 2/0 anymore. There are a lot of breakers and recepticles manufactured that can accept both types of wires, but no one produces wire anymore out of aluminum. I dont know if it is against code, or just not practical anymore, but thats mainly why you dont see it.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING