Is Aluminum Wiring still permitted by Code?
To the best of anyones knowledge, is their any electrical code in place in the US that permits AL wiring to be used? Thanks!
Generally bigger wires for Service Entrance, and Feeders yes, smaller wires for branch circuits no.....
Have you seen any company manufacture aluminum branch circuit wiring? I don't think it is being manufactured anymore.
They used to use aluminum wiring in mobile homes years ago, but disimilair metal corrosion had caused a lot of fires and thats the main reason you dont see aluminum being used for anything under 2/0 anymore. There are a lot of breakers and recepticles manufactured that can accept both types of wires, but no one produces wire anymore out of aluminum. I dont know if it is against code, or just not practical anymore, but thats mainly why you dont see it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love