Is Aluminum Wiring still permitted by Code?
To the best of anyones knowledge, is their any electrical code in place in the US that permits AL wiring to be used? Thanks!
Generally bigger wires for Service Entrance, and Feeders yes, smaller wires for branch circuits no.....
Have you seen any company manufacture aluminum branch circuit wiring? I don't think it is being manufactured anymore.
They used to use aluminum wiring in mobile homes years ago, but disimilair metal corrosion had caused a lot of fires and thats the main reason you dont see aluminum being used for anything under 2/0 anymore. There are a lot of breakers and recepticles manufactured that can accept both types of wires, but no one produces wire anymore out of aluminum. I dont know if it is against code, or just not practical anymore, but thats mainly why you dont see it.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!