Is Aluminum Wiring still permitted by Code?
To the best of anyones knowledge, is their any electrical code in place in the US that permits AL wiring to be used? Thanks!
Generally bigger wires for Service Entrance, and Feeders yes, smaller wires for branch circuits no.....
Have you seen any company manufacture aluminum branch circuit wiring? I don't think it is being manufactured anymore.
They used to use aluminum wiring in mobile homes years ago, but disimilair metal corrosion had caused a lot of fires and thats the main reason you dont see aluminum being used for anything under 2/0 anymore. There are a lot of breakers and recepticles manufactured that can accept both types of wires, but no one produces wire anymore out of aluminum. I dont know if it is against code, or just not practical anymore, but thats mainly why you dont see it.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight