need help changing a ceiling fan switch
I have a ceiling fan that has a pull chain to turn the ceiling fan on. The chain broke and I am changing the pull chain switch but don't remember how the wires go. The switch has four places for the wires to connect which are 1, 2, 3, and L. The wires are colors yellow, black, red, and a greyish/green. Can someone please tell me wich one goes where?
If you mean the speed control switch I would have to agree that you should contact the maker and maybe they could give you a model # or send you out a new switch with a wiring diagram. I have tried to replace these once or twice with a switch off the shelf (I thought was the same) and did not have very much luck with it. If it is an inexpensive Fan it may be cheaper or less trouble to just buy another one.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight