need help changing a ceiling fan switch
I have a ceiling fan that has a pull chain to turn the ceiling fan on. The chain broke and I am changing the pull chain switch but don't remember how the wires go. The switch has four places for the wires to connect which are 1, 2, 3, and L. The wires are colors yellow, black, red, and a greyish/green. Can someone please tell me wich one goes where?
If you mean the speed control switch I would have to agree that you should contact the maker and maybe they could give you a model # or send you out a new switch with a wiring diagram. I have tried to replace these once or twice with a switch off the shelf (I thought was the same) and did not have very much luck with it. If it is an inexpensive Fan it may be cheaper or less trouble to just buy another one.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!