You say you're getting a reverse polarity indication, I assume this is at the refrigerator receptacle. If that is the case, take a close look at the terminals on the LOAD side of the GFI. Make sure you are connecting the correct wires to each terminal. Do not go by the color of the screws, look for the word "white" or "neutral."
Frequently, the load neutral is on the opposite side of the case as the line neutral & the same thing applies to the hot wires. This would result in a reverse polarity at the next receptacle if both of your white wires are on the same side of the GFI.
Hope I haven't confused you too much.
As for your other problem, how many wires are there at the refrigerator outlet and how many wires are at the GFI?
[This message has been edited by Tom O (edited October 21, 2002).]
GFI outlets keeps getting tripped by dishwasher door...
bonded neutrals and GFI annoyances
need help with GFI problem
Fridge tripping GFI outlets
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes