GFCI Receptacle or GFCI Breaker?
2. If I wire individual GFCI receptacles is the preferred method to wire one up-current outlet and rely on its protection to handle the outlets down-current or should each outlet on the circuit of concern have its own GFCI receptacle installed (i.e. kitchen backsplash area with several outlets). Thanks.
You can probably buy 5 or 6 GFI receptacles for the price of one GFIbreaker. Also, it is much more convienient to reset a recaptacle versus going to the breaker box.
For your second question, if you can install the outlet so that you are not protecting things that don't need protection (like a refridgerator), put in one outlet & let it protect others. If you're not real sure about how the circuit is wired, install a GFI receptacle at each location that GFI protection is called for.
Installing a GFCI Breaker
Neutral wire of GFCI breaker is stranded
Installing a 50 Amp GFCI breaker for use with Hot tub.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 11 Signs of an Unhappy Houseplant
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 IKEA Favorites, DIY Style
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips