GFCI Receptacle or GFCI Breaker?
2. If I wire individual GFCI receptacles is the preferred method to wire one up-current outlet and rely on its protection to handle the outlets down-current or should each outlet on the circuit of concern have its own GFCI receptacle installed (i.e. kitchen backsplash area with several outlets). Thanks.
You can probably buy 5 or 6 GFI receptacles for the price of one GFIbreaker. Also, it is much more convienient to reset a recaptacle versus going to the breaker box.
For your second question, if you can install the outlet so that you are not protecting things that don't need protection (like a refridgerator), put in one outlet & let it protect others. If you're not real sure about how the circuit is wired, install a GFI receptacle at each location that GFI protection is called for.
Installing a GFCI Breaker
Neutral wire of GFCI breaker is stranded
Installing a 50 Amp GFCI breaker for use with Hot tub.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top 11 Color Trends to Follow in 2014
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers