GFCI Receptacle or GFCI Breaker?
2. If I wire individual GFCI receptacles is the preferred method to wire one up-current outlet and rely on its protection to handle the outlets down-current or should each outlet on the circuit of concern have its own GFCI receptacle installed (i.e. kitchen backsplash area with several outlets). Thanks.
You can probably buy 5 or 6 GFI receptacles for the price of one GFIbreaker. Also, it is much more convienient to reset a recaptacle versus going to the breaker box.
For your second question, if you can install the outlet so that you are not protecting things that don't need protection (like a refridgerator), put in one outlet & let it protect others. If you're not real sure about how the circuit is wired, install a GFI receptacle at each location that GFI protection is called for.
Installing a GFCI Breaker
Neutral wire of GFCI breaker is stranded
Installing a 50 Amp GFCI breaker for use with Hot tub.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight