GFCI Receptacle or GFCI Breaker?
2. If I wire individual GFCI receptacles is the preferred method to wire one up-current outlet and rely on its protection to handle the outlets down-current or should each outlet on the circuit of concern have its own GFCI receptacle installed (i.e. kitchen backsplash area with several outlets). Thanks.
You can probably buy 5 or 6 GFI receptacles for the price of one GFIbreaker. Also, it is much more convienient to reset a recaptacle versus going to the breaker box.
For your second question, if you can install the outlet so that you are not protecting things that don't need protection (like a refridgerator), put in one outlet & let it protect others. If you're not real sure about how the circuit is wired, install a GFI receptacle at each location that GFI protection is called for.
Installing a GFCI Breaker
Neutral wire of GFCI breaker is stranded
Installing a 50 Amp GFCI breaker for use with Hot tub.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!