Another question about knob and tube wiring
the fact that K&T lacks a grounding conductor (bare) is one factor that is hard to overcome.
it is best that you figure a way to install some newer wiring back toyour panelbox during any renovation here vs. utilizing ( and buring..) the older K&T
....ok you have either an unused 'slot' for a breaker, or the breaker itself is unused.
In any event, one 'slot' should hold one breaker, and one breaker in 99.9% of American residences would give you 120 volts.
Installing a Ceiling Fan with Knob and Tube Wiring
More Knob and Tube Questions/Adding outlets
K+T: to replace or not to replace...
knob and tube
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!