Another question about knob and tube wiring
the fact that K&T lacks a grounding conductor (bare) is one factor that is hard to overcome.
it is best that you figure a way to install some newer wiring back toyour panelbox during any renovation here vs. utilizing ( and buring..) the older K&T
....ok you have either an unused 'slot' for a breaker, or the breaker itself is unused.
In any event, one 'slot' should hold one breaker, and one breaker in 99.9% of American residences would give you 120 volts.
Installing a Ceiling Fan with Knob and Tube Wiring
More Knob and Tube Questions/Adding outlets
Knob and Tube wiring
K+T: to replace or not to replace...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING