Another question about knob and tube wiring
the fact that K&T lacks a grounding conductor (bare) is one factor that is hard to overcome.
it is best that you figure a way to install some newer wiring back toyour panelbox during any renovation here vs. utilizing ( and buring..) the older K&T
....ok you have either an unused 'slot' for a breaker, or the breaker itself is unused.
In any event, one 'slot' should hold one breaker, and one breaker in 99.9% of American residences would give you 120 volts.
Installing a Ceiling Fan with Knob and Tube Wiring
More Knob and Tube Questions/Adding outlets
K+T: to replace or not to replace...
knob and tube
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips