County Response to 100 amp subpanel
If the garage is a seperate building, then you will have to install a grounding electrode system (usually one or two 8' rods).
Why not get a couple of estimates from licenced electricians?
A 'subpanel' within the same structure requires a 4-wire 'feeder'.
This would be hot~hot~nuetral~ground, the neutral will 'float' or be isolated from the subpanel shell and grounds.
The grounds will be made mechanically and electrically to the subpanel shell.
Both the nuetral and the ground in this 4-wire feeder will then terminate in your main panel or main disco under the same termination bar.
hope this helps.......
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited November 19, 2002).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects