County Response to 100 amp subpanel
If the garage is a seperate building, then you will have to install a grounding electrode system (usually one or two 8' rods).
Why not get a couple of estimates from licenced electricians?
A 'subpanel' within the same structure requires a 4-wire 'feeder'.
This would be hot~hot~nuetral~ground, the neutral will 'float' or be isolated from the subpanel shell and grounds.
The grounds will be made mechanically and electrically to the subpanel shell.
Both the nuetral and the ground in this 4-wire feeder will then terminate in your main panel or main disco under the same termination bar.
hope this helps.......
[This message has been edited by rpxlpx (edited November 19, 2002).]
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!