Building entrance with direct buried cable
I'm planning on directly burying UF to feed a sub panel in a new detached garage I'm building. The cable will exit the house above ground, and it will enter the garage through 1 1/2 inch PVC conduit installed through the foundation. How should I transition from the house to underground, and from underground into the conduit?
The cable must be protected by conduit from were it comes out of the house to the bottom of the two foot deep trench. It will need the same protection from the bottom of the trench to the point were it enters the garage. You can apply duct seal to the end of the conduit but that is not required. Were the cable enters your garage it will have to be connected to a switch or enclosed circuit breaker that is listed as service equipment at a point very near were the cable enters the building. This switch or enclosed circuit breaker is the required building disconnecting means. The switch or circuit breaker must have enough poles to open all ungrounded conductors. The switch, enclosed circuit breaker , or panel assembly then serves as the point at which the equipment grounding conductors of the feeder and branch circuits are connected to the grounding electrode conductor of the required building grounding electrode system.
[This message has been edited by tdhorne (edited November 29, 2002).]
Detached Garage Sub-Panel
Outdoor wiring-- Am I doing this right?? Please Advi...
Integrating Ceiling Fan and Track/Cable Lighting
Hydro-Air + gas fireplace
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!