Can I replace a circuit breaker with a different brand?
Don't just call the seller, who will probably just say, yea, it's ok. Go to the manufacturer. I believe Challenger has a web site.
I have a copy of a letter from Jim Farley who is with Cutler-Hammer Technology & Quality Center. I can e-amil a copy to anyone who wishes one. The main point of his letter is "specific Cutler-Hammer residential circuit breakers types can be used to replace Challenger, Westinghouse, and Bryant types in equipment and loadcenters that are marked as being suitable for the use of Challenger, Westinghouse, or Bryant circuit breakers." There is also a table of breakers suitable for this application.
E-mail a request for this letter to me at email@example.com
[This message has been edited by Rmiell (edited November 27, 2002).]
You can easily replace cutler hammer circuit breakers with Westinghouse circuit breakers, just make sure you check the datasheets of the model numbers. Make sure they're compatible with the panel board you're installing them to.
Can I replace a dryer cord 30 amp with a range cord ...
Upgrading from 15Amp to 20Amp breaker.
tripping out over circuit breaker
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight