Can I replace a circuit breaker with a different brand?
Don't just call the seller, who will probably just say, yea, it's ok. Go to the manufacturer. I believe Challenger has a web site.
I have a copy of a letter from Jim Farley who is with Cutler-Hammer Technology & Quality Center. I can e-amil a copy to anyone who wishes one. The main point of his letter is "specific Cutler-Hammer residential circuit breakers types can be used to replace Challenger, Westinghouse, and Bryant types in equipment and loadcenters that are marked as being suitable for the use of Challenger, Westinghouse, or Bryant circuit breakers." There is also a table of breakers suitable for this application.
E-mail a request for this letter to me at [email protected]
[This message has been edited by Rmiell (edited November 27, 2002).]
Can I replace a dryer cord 30 amp with a range cord ...
Upgrading from 15Amp to 20Amp breaker.
tripping out over circuit breaker
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!