Can I replace a circuit breaker with a different brand?
Don't just call the seller, who will probably just say, yea, it's ok. Go to the manufacturer. I believe Challenger has a web site.
I have a copy of a letter from Jim Farley who is with Cutler-Hammer Technology & Quality Center. I can e-amil a copy to anyone who wishes one. The main point of his letter is "specific Cutler-Hammer residential circuit breakers types can be used to replace Challenger, Westinghouse, and Bryant types in equipment and loadcenters that are marked as being suitable for the use of Challenger, Westinghouse, or Bryant circuit breakers." There is also a table of breakers suitable for this application.
E-mail a request for this letter to me at [email protected]
[This message has been edited by Rmiell (edited November 27, 2002).]
Can I replace a dryer cord 30 amp with a range cord ...
Upgrading from 15Amp to 20Amp breaker.
tripping out over circuit breaker
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects