I have two light switches controlling the exterior pot lights on my porch and garage. One switch is in the garage, the other near my front door. I decided to wire up a dimmer switch (slide dimmer with illuminated on/off button) near the front door. Works great except, when I turn off the lights using the standard decora switch in the garage, I cannot turn the lights on using the on/off button on the dimmer switch. Did I wire something up wrong? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
You have to buy a dimmer that's specifically made for 3-way circuits. (They cost a bit more.) Read the label for information and instructions.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!