Replacing a baseboard heater
I recently purchased a 240v, 1500w baseboard heater to replace the one in my (1996) home that had become fouled with a melted plastic toy on the element. Anyway, I assumed replacement would be simply disconnecting the old one and reconnection the new one.
The new heater has 2 wires, this would be easy!
Unfortunately the old heater has 2 wires for the power, and another 2 which I assume are for the thermostat on the wall. Is there a way that I can make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Chances are, the 2 wires from the thermostat controlled an on/off device within the old heater. The new one apparently doesn't have one of those.
This would mean the stat is wired to 'switch' only one 'side' of the 240V feed.
Initself a problem.
Should this be the case, hopefully a heating with a build in T-stat is an option.
Check art 427, part 3 ( assuming again) resistance heating, part 7 , Control & Protection (pg 70-284 2002 ed)go on about proper disconnecting means.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Ways to Use Leather in Your Next Project
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 8 New Ways to Use Old Wooden Crates