Replacing a baseboard heater
I recently purchased a 240v, 1500w baseboard heater to replace the one in my (1996) home that had become fouled with a melted plastic toy on the element. Anyway, I assumed replacement would be simply disconnecting the old one and reconnection the new one.
The new heater has 2 wires, this would be easy!
Unfortunately the old heater has 2 wires for the power, and another 2 which I assume are for the thermostat on the wall. Is there a way that I can make this work? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Chances are, the 2 wires from the thermostat controlled an on/off device within the old heater. The new one apparently doesn't have one of those.
This would mean the stat is wired to 'switch' only one 'side' of the 240V feed.
Initself a problem.
Should this be the case, hopefully a heating with a build in T-stat is an option.
Check art 427, part 3 ( assuming again) resistance heating, part 7 , Control & Protection (pg 70-284 2002 ed)go on about proper disconnecting means.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Things to Do With...Old Rakes
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 9 Handy Uses for Your Cordless Drill/Driver
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- How to Refinish a Dresser
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY