Number of Outlets Per Circuit
There is no max on the number of receptacles on the circuit. However a max of 10 to 12 is preferrable, and I would lower it with the fridge. IMO the fridge should be on a dedicated 20 A circuit, although not required by the NEC. You're only going to power the fridge and an entrtainment center now, but what about tomorrow when you add the computer and the printers and the...
Could you reference "gfci is required on all recepticles on concrete floors"? Is it local? I know of no requirement for such. The NEC requires GFCI's in unfinished basements (areas or parts of basements that are not intended as habitable and limited to storage areas,works areas and the such).
I do however agree that to put the fridge on a dedicated circuit (not GFCI) and split the others onto 2 circuits is a good idea. But, I still recommend using 20 amp circuits with 12 ga wire.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers