Number of Outlets Per Circuit
There is no max on the number of receptacles on the circuit. However a max of 10 to 12 is preferrable, and I would lower it with the fridge. IMO the fridge should be on a dedicated 20 A circuit, although not required by the NEC. You're only going to power the fridge and an entrtainment center now, but what about tomorrow when you add the computer and the printers and the...
Could you reference "gfci is required on all recepticles on concrete floors"? Is it local? I know of no requirement for such. The NEC requires GFCI's in unfinished basements (areas or parts of basements that are not intended as habitable and limited to storage areas,works areas and the such).
I do however agree that to put the fridge on a dedicated circuit (not GFCI) and split the others onto 2 circuits is a good idea. But, I still recommend using 20 amp circuits with 12 ga wire.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love