We are looking to have our roof redone and would prefer a metal roof. The old roof needs to be completely torn off. Some contractors have told us we need to put a layer of plywood down first, and some have told us we only need 2x4 furring strips underneath. The roof is a 9/12 pitch. What's the correct way to go?
The answer to your question depends upon what type of metal roofing you select. A good place to start your research is with the Metal Roofing Alliance's website at www.metalroof.org. Once you select a product(s) you like, contact the manufacturer with your installation questions. Best Regards. Todd Miller, President, Classic Products, Inc.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!