We are looking to have our roof redone and would prefer a metal roof. The old roof needs to be completely torn off. Some contractors have told us we need to put a layer of plywood down first, and some have told us we only need 2x4 furring strips underneath. The roof is a 9/12 pitch. What's the correct way to go?
The answer to your question depends upon what type of metal roofing you select. A good place to start your research is with the Metal Roofing Alliance's website at www.metalroof.org. Once you select a product(s) you like, contact the manufacturer with your installation questions. Best Regards. Todd Miller, President, Classic Products, Inc.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight