We are looking to have our roof redone and would prefer a metal roof. The old roof needs to be completely torn off. Some contractors have told us we need to put a layer of plywood down first, and some have told us we only need 2x4 furring strips underneath. The roof is a 9/12 pitch. What's the correct way to go?
The answer to your question depends upon what type of metal roofing you select. A good place to start your research is with the Metal Roofing Alliance's website at www.metalroof.org. Once you select a product(s) you like, contact the manufacturer with your installation questions. Best Regards. Todd Miller, President, Classic Products, Inc.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!