I am going to put a new roof on my house very shortly. I would like to know whether there is any visual difference between 25/30/40 year architectural shingles. I will be in the house for 5-8 years and would like to upgrade the appearance of the roof without paying too much. From a distance of 40-50'(looking from the yard/street, is there any appearance difference? Does anyone havre any recommendations as to a good quality manufacturer/make/grade. Thanks!
To the naked eye there is no diference from 25/30/40 yr shingles. If your only going to be there for 5-8 yrs the only thing I suggest is fungus resistant shingles, I prefer Celotex or GAF shingles. If you live in a hot state I would go with a light color, if you live in a cooler area go with a darker color. A lighter color will stay fresher longer in a hot area and make the house cooler during the day. The darker color will still stay fresh in cooler areas and make the house warmer during the day.
Put in a new roof or make repairs??
Soffit Vents for New Roof and Turbines
Need a new roof
Just had new roof installed , now soffets leaking? ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love