I am going to put a new roof on my house very shortly. I would like to know whether there is any visual difference between 25/30/40 year architectural shingles. I will be in the house for 5-8 years and would like to upgrade the appearance of the roof without paying too much. From a distance of 40-50'(looking from the yard/street, is there any appearance difference? Does anyone havre any recommendations as to a good quality manufacturer/make/grade. Thanks!
To the naked eye there is no diference from 25/30/40 yr shingles. If your only going to be there for 5-8 yrs the only thing I suggest is fungus resistant shingles, I prefer Celotex or GAF shingles. If you live in a hot state I would go with a light color, if you live in a cooler area go with a darker color. A lighter color will stay fresher longer in a hot area and make the house cooler during the day. The darker color will still stay fresh in cooler areas and make the house warmer during the day.
Put in a new roof or make repairs??
Soffit Vents for New Roof and Turbines
Need a new roof
Just had new roof installed , now soffets leaking? ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!