I am going to put a new roof on my house very shortly. I would like to know whether there is any visual difference between 25/30/40 year architectural shingles. I will be in the house for 5-8 years and would like to upgrade the appearance of the roof without paying too much. From a distance of 40-50'(looking from the yard/street, is there any appearance difference? Does anyone havre any recommendations as to a good quality manufacturer/make/grade. Thanks!
To the naked eye there is no diference from 25/30/40 yr shingles. If your only going to be there for 5-8 yrs the only thing I suggest is fungus resistant shingles, I prefer Celotex or GAF shingles. If you live in a hot state I would go with a light color, if you live in a cooler area go with a darker color. A lighter color will stay fresher longer in a hot area and make the house cooler during the day. The darker color will still stay fresh in cooler areas and make the house warmer during the day.
Put in a new roof or make repairs??
Soffit Vents for New Roof and Turbines
Need a new roof
Just had new roof installed , now soffets leaking? ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes