I am going to put a new roof on my house very shortly. I would like to know whether there is any visual difference between 25/30/40 year architectural shingles. I will be in the house for 5-8 years and would like to upgrade the appearance of the roof without paying too much. From a distance of 40-50'(looking from the yard/street, is there any appearance difference? Does anyone havre any recommendations as to a good quality manufacturer/make/grade. Thanks!
To the naked eye there is no diference from 25/30/40 yr shingles. If your only going to be there for 5-8 yrs the only thing I suggest is fungus resistant shingles, I prefer Celotex or GAF shingles. If you live in a hot state I would go with a light color, if you live in a cooler area go with a darker color. A lighter color will stay fresher longer in a hot area and make the house cooler during the day. The darker color will still stay fresh in cooler areas and make the house warmer during the day.
Put in a new roof or make repairs??
Soffit Vents for New Roof and Turbines
Need a new roof
Just had new roof installed , now soffets leaking? ...
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight