I have a 2 ton Magic Chef Unit for the upstairs room in my house. There are two separate 20A breakers in the panel outside and one of them continues to trip, although with no specific rhyme or reason. Question is does this mean that this one breaker is bad, the compressor is struggling or my breaker is too small to handle the load?
The two 20A breakers are not tied together and when the one trips, the fan continues running.
Chances are you have the wrong 'kind' of breaker. Breakers rated for heating &/or A/C loads are categorized as "HACR" breakers. When your A/C turns on there is an 'inrush' of power to start the motor ...this will sometimes trip a regular breaker. Your A/C unit should give some pertinent information on its 'nameplate' as to the type and size of breaker to use for the unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Pest, Be Gone! 10 Steps to a Critter-Free Home
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight