I have a 2 ton Magic Chef Unit for the upstairs room in my house. There are two separate 20A breakers in the panel outside and one of them continues to trip, although with no specific rhyme or reason. Question is does this mean that this one breaker is bad, the compressor is struggling or my breaker is too small to handle the load?
The two 20A breakers are not tied together and when the one trips, the fan continues running.
Chances are you have the wrong 'kind' of breaker. Breakers rated for heating &/or A/C loads are categorized as "HACR" breakers. When your A/C turns on there is an 'inrush' of power to start the motor ...this will sometimes trip a regular breaker. Your A/C unit should give some pertinent information on its 'nameplate' as to the type and size of breaker to use for the unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers