I have a 2 ton Magic Chef Unit for the upstairs room in my house. There are two separate 20A breakers in the panel outside and one of them continues to trip, although with no specific rhyme or reason. Question is does this mean that this one breaker is bad, the compressor is struggling or my breaker is too small to handle the load?
The two 20A breakers are not tied together and when the one trips, the fan continues running.
Chances are you have the wrong 'kind' of breaker. Breakers rated for heating &/or A/C loads are categorized as "HACR" breakers. When your A/C turns on there is an 'inrush' of power to start the motor ...this will sometimes trip a regular breaker. Your A/C unit should give some pertinent information on its 'nameplate' as to the type and size of breaker to use for the unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!