I have a 2 ton Magic Chef Unit for the upstairs room in my house. There are two separate 20A breakers in the panel outside and one of them continues to trip, although with no specific rhyme or reason. Question is does this mean that this one breaker is bad, the compressor is struggling or my breaker is too small to handle the load?
The two 20A breakers are not tied together and when the one trips, the fan continues running.
Chances are you have the wrong 'kind' of breaker. Breakers rated for heating &/or A/C loads are categorized as "HACR" breakers. When your A/C turns on there is an 'inrush' of power to start the motor ...this will sometimes trip a regular breaker. Your A/C unit should give some pertinent information on its 'nameplate' as to the type and size of breaker to use for the unit.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects