Need help replacing old 3-way dimmer switch, old dimmer switch has 2 red wires and 1 black wire, new dimmer switch has 2 black wires, 1 red wire and 1 green wire. need to know how to wire the new switch?
A 3 way dimmer switch? Is there really such a thing? I'm not an electrician, nor am I being facetious. I just never heard of a 3 way dimmer.
New blacks to the wires that the two red leads went to and the single red lead to where the black used to go to. Green wire to an equipment ground if available in the box.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love