My breaker box is full and I would like to add a couple of Bathroom Vent/Heaters/Light Combo Units. Where do I find Half-Height breakers and is there any negatives on installing them? I have a 200amp box and need to add a couple more circuits.
First look at you panel to see if it will accept the 1/2" breakers. The label should(may) have a designation such as 20/40 which simply means 20 1" breakers or 40 1/2" breakers will fit into the panel. Some panels will not accept the 1/2" breakers.
You wrote "a designation such as 20/40 which simply means 20 1" breakers or 40 1/2" breakers". I am a little confused. If 20/40 means 20 1" breakers. What is the 1/2" disignation is it that 40/40 is 40 1/2" breakers. Thanks
Look here for that information, look or on the cover of the cabinet enclosing the panelboard:
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!