My breaker box is full and I would like to add a couple of Bathroom Vent/Heaters/Light Combo Units. Where do I find Half-Height breakers and is there any negatives on installing them? I have a 200amp box and need to add a couple more circuits.
First look at you panel to see if it will accept the 1/2" breakers. The label should(may) have a designation such as 20/40 which simply means 20 1" breakers or 40 1/2" breakers will fit into the panel. Some panels will not accept the 1/2" breakers.
You wrote "a designation such as 20/40 which simply means 20 1" breakers or 40 1/2" breakers". I am a little confused. If 20/40 means 20 1" breakers. What is the 1/2" disignation is it that 40/40 is 40 1/2" breakers. Thanks
Look here for that information, look or on the cover of the cabinet enclosing the panelboard:
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!