We added a bathroom to our house. We now have a problem adding the switch box for the bathroom on the opposite side of the wall of the living room box. The exhisting box for the living room is a 3 gang box mounted 48" to the top of the box. How do I mount another 3 gang switch box for the bathroom on the opposite side of the wall. I would like to stay at the same height as the living room switches, and moving it over to the next stud would put it 14" from the door, which is too far. I cannot find 'thru' boxes that are 4 1/2" deep for a standard wall depth, and 2" deep boxes do not give enough room for wires and dimmer switches. Any suggestions??
Are you saying that there is room for the box to go next to the existing one, but just nothing to mount it to?
No, there is not enough room between the studs for 2 (3-gang) boxes side by side. Remember they are also opposing each other in different rooms as well. If possible, I would like the switches to be exactly the same distance from the door in both rooms. Is that possible. Thanks
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!