We added a bathroom to our house. We now have a problem adding the switch box for the bathroom on the opposite side of the wall of the living room box. The exhisting box for the living room is a 3 gang box mounted 48" to the top of the box. How do I mount another 3 gang switch box for the bathroom on the opposite side of the wall. I would like to stay at the same height as the living room switches, and moving it over to the next stud would put it 14" from the door, which is too far. I cannot find 'thru' boxes that are 4 1/2" deep for a standard wall depth, and 2" deep boxes do not give enough room for wires and dimmer switches. Any suggestions??
Are you saying that there is room for the box to go next to the existing one, but just nothing to mount it to?
No, there is not enough room between the studs for 2 (3-gang) boxes side by side. Remember they are also opposing each other in different rooms as well. If possible, I would like the switches to be exactly the same distance from the door in both rooms. Is that possible. Thanks
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes