My doorbell chime box recently started humming, I purchased a new chime box but the new one is also humming when the wires are connected. I suppose it may be the transformer. Is there anyone out there who can help me out with this.
Usually the transformer is not in the chime box, but somewhere else. Where is the sound coming from?
Sounds like you may have a short in the circuit somewhere. For example a button that is bad will activate the chime all the time and make a humming noise. Try to disconnect the button and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't you probably have a short in the wire somewhare and you may need a professional to find it for you. Mr. Electric
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight