My doorbell chime box recently started humming, I purchased a new chime box but the new one is also humming when the wires are connected. I suppose it may be the transformer. Is there anyone out there who can help me out with this.
Usually the transformer is not in the chime box, but somewhere else. Where is the sound coming from?
Sounds like you may have a short in the circuit somewhere. For example a button that is bad will activate the chime all the time and make a humming noise. Try to disconnect the button and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't you probably have a short in the wire somewhare and you may need a professional to find it for you. Mr. Electric
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!