My doorbell chime box recently started humming, I purchased a new chime box but the new one is also humming when the wires are connected. I suppose it may be the transformer. Is there anyone out there who can help me out with this.
Usually the transformer is not in the chime box, but somewhere else. Where is the sound coming from?
Sounds like you may have a short in the circuit somewhere. For example a button that is bad will activate the chime all the time and make a humming noise. Try to disconnect the button and see if that fixes it. If it doesn't you probably have a short in the wire somewhare and you may need a professional to find it for you. Mr. Electric
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!