Converting a 220 v outlet to a 110
The cost should be nominal.
If you don't own this building,you probably shouldn't be modifying the electrical system on your own.
I would have thought that a 220 unit would be necessary to sufficiently cool the space, but my current 220 unit is only 10,700 btus and the new 110v unit is actually 12,500 btu. (with a much more energy efficient rating)
To make matters more complicated, the thru-the-wall sleeve is a VERY unusual size and there is not another 220 unit available to fit in the space.
It appears to me, that my best option is to convert the 220 outlet. (assuming it can be done safely and at a fair price)
i did find a webpage that describes a plug adapter that apparently converts a 220 outlet to 110 - but it is advertised as being for gas ranges - i'm not sure if this product would work for an A/C.
[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited August 04, 2003).]
No, this will not work.
You really do need an electrician. You really do not need a shocking experience!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY