Converting a 220 v outlet to a 110
The cost should be nominal.
If you don't own this building,you probably shouldn't be modifying the electrical system on your own.
I would have thought that a 220 unit would be necessary to sufficiently cool the space, but my current 220 unit is only 10,700 btus and the new 110v unit is actually 12,500 btu. (with a much more energy efficient rating)
To make matters more complicated, the thru-the-wall sleeve is a VERY unusual size and there is not another 220 unit available to fit in the space.
It appears to me, that my best option is to convert the 220 outlet. (assuming it can be done safely and at a fair price)
i did find a webpage that describes a plug adapter that apparently converts a 220 outlet to 110 - but it is advertised as being for gas ranges - i'm not sure if this product would work for an A/C.
[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited August 04, 2003).]
No, this will not work.
You really do need an electrician. You really do not need a shocking experience!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes