DO NOT ADD MORE VENTS W?O FIXING THE LEAKAGE!! This will only draw more hot air into your ceiling.
Determining were it's leaking is given to a lot of variables. Is it T&G Ceiling? If so, was an air tight barrier (like poly) put above it? Is the fireplace built in? was the ceiling of the fireplace chase sealed air-tight (Fiberglass doesn't count)? Is the cathedral ceiling accessable to fix? Is it rafters, parallel cord truss or scissors truss?
If things are not done right the first time, sometimes it's difficult (Or expensive to solve).
Insulation for cathedral ceiling
roofer stepped threw roof and made a hole in cathedr...
Creating cathedral ceilings
Insulating a Cathedral Ceiling
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING