DO NOT ADD MORE VENTS W?O FIXING THE LEAKAGE!! This will only draw more hot air into your ceiling.
Determining were it's leaking is given to a lot of variables. Is it T&G Ceiling? If so, was an air tight barrier (like poly) put above it? Is the fireplace built in? was the ceiling of the fireplace chase sealed air-tight (Fiberglass doesn't count)? Is the cathedral ceiling accessable to fix? Is it rafters, parallel cord truss or scissors truss?
If things are not done right the first time, sometimes it's difficult (Or expensive to solve).
Insulation for cathedral ceiling
roofer stepped threw roof and made a hole in cathedr...
Creating cathedral ceilings
Insulating a Cathedral Ceiling
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight