DO NOT ADD MORE VENTS W?O FIXING THE LEAKAGE!! This will only draw more hot air into your ceiling.
Determining were it's leaking is given to a lot of variables. Is it T&G Ceiling? If so, was an air tight barrier (like poly) put above it? Is the fireplace built in? was the ceiling of the fireplace chase sealed air-tight (Fiberglass doesn't count)? Is the cathedral ceiling accessable to fix? Is it rafters, parallel cord truss or scissors truss?
If things are not done right the first time, sometimes it's difficult (Or expensive to solve).
Insulation for cathedral ceiling
roofer stepped threw roof and made a hole in cathedr...
Creating cathedral ceilings
Insulating a Cathedral Ceiling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes