DO NOT ADD MORE VENTS W?O FIXING THE LEAKAGE!! This will only draw more hot air into your ceiling.
Determining were it's leaking is given to a lot of variables. Is it T&G Ceiling? If so, was an air tight barrier (like poly) put above it? Is the fireplace built in? was the ceiling of the fireplace chase sealed air-tight (Fiberglass doesn't count)? Is the cathedral ceiling accessable to fix? Is it rafters, parallel cord truss or scissors truss?
If things are not done right the first time, sometimes it's difficult (Or expensive to solve).
Insulation for cathedral ceiling
roofer stepped threw roof and made a hole in cathedr...
Creating cathedral ceilings
Insulating a Cathedral Ceiling
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!