My aunt has a problem with water leaking down the outsdie of her chimney into her house. They just had a new roof put on and was told that the boards around the chimney were ok. Is there a product out there that would seal around the chinmey to help keep the water out.
If a roofer did this, then call them to fix the problem. If you did this yourself, then of course you'll have to fix the problem. It is more than likely the flashing around your chimney, either it was not put on correctly or there is a gap that the tar did not fill. Retar all seams around the flashing and this should take care of the problem.
New House, WATER, WATER, HELP!!!
Water leaking IN through my chimeny??
Ceiling water spots...How do I determine leak locati...
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING