Electrical, Phone and CATV Runs
Hello, I am adding a 60 Amp subpanel to my detached garage. The service to the garage will be overhead from the main panel. I was wondering if it was proper to run CATV and phone cables bundled with the overhead electrical feeder from the main panel. If so what precautions are needed for saftey and noise reduction?
I'm not sure, but I would say no. I seem to remember reading that there should be a two foot distance, when possible, between your power and low voltage runs.
Maybe if it is sheilded in its own conduit?
I don't know where you're at, but here you cannot have antenna wire and power wires in the same conduit. I was able to run 2 separate conduits side-by-side, one for electrical and the other for TV/Speaker wire.
I work for a phone and catv company and no you can not run low voltage cable and high voltage cable in same conduit....but I NEVER had a problem running them parallel to electrial in walls or attics..
To eliminate any interference with television, computer, phone signals, you really want to keep line and low voltage min. 12" apart, preferably 18". And make sure that if the wires cross, they do so at 90 degrees. While you might not see much interference with a single 15A circuit, a 60A subpanel feed is much more likely to create interference on your low voltage lines.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!