Electrical, Phone and CATV Runs
Hello, I am adding a 60 Amp subpanel to my detached garage. The service to the garage will be overhead from the main panel. I was wondering if it was proper to run CATV and phone cables bundled with the overhead electrical feeder from the main panel. If so what precautions are needed for saftey and noise reduction?
I'm not sure, but I would say no. I seem to remember reading that there should be a two foot distance, when possible, between your power and low voltage runs.
Maybe if it is sheilded in its own conduit?
I don't know where you're at, but here you cannot have antenna wire and power wires in the same conduit. I was able to run 2 separate conduits side-by-side, one for electrical and the other for TV/Speaker wire.
I work for a phone and catv company and no you can not run low voltage cable and high voltage cable in same conduit....but I NEVER had a problem running them parallel to electrial in walls or attics..
To eliminate any interference with television, computer, phone signals, you really want to keep line and low voltage min. 12" apart, preferably 18". And make sure that if the wires cross, they do so at 90 degrees. While you might not see much interference with a single 15A circuit, a 60A subpanel feed is much more likely to create interference on your low voltage lines.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps