Electrical, Phone and CATV Runs
Hello, I am adding a 60 Amp subpanel to my detached garage. The service to the garage will be overhead from the main panel. I was wondering if it was proper to run CATV and phone cables bundled with the overhead electrical feeder from the main panel. If so what precautions are needed for saftey and noise reduction?
I'm not sure, but I would say no. I seem to remember reading that there should be a two foot distance, when possible, between your power and low voltage runs.
Maybe if it is sheilded in its own conduit?
I don't know where you're at, but here you cannot have antenna wire and power wires in the same conduit. I was able to run 2 separate conduits side-by-side, one for electrical and the other for TV/Speaker wire.
I work for a phone and catv company and no you can not run low voltage cable and high voltage cable in same conduit....but I NEVER had a problem running them parallel to electrial in walls or attics..
To eliminate any interference with television, computer, phone signals, you really want to keep line and low voltage min. 12" apart, preferably 18". And make sure that if the wires cross, they do so at 90 degrees. While you might not see much interference with a single 15A circuit, a 60A subpanel feed is much more likely to create interference on your low voltage lines.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees