Flickering Lights Whole House
BTW, what is your definition of flicker? Do the lights go totally out or do they just go dim?
After many wrong guesses by electric company personnel, the lineman supervisor found the problem to be the clamp that held the neutral wire to the meter box. The clamp was loose, and when it jiggled (and why it would jiggle, I don't know) every thing flickered. Replacement of the clamp resolved the problem.
Don't let them convince you to do anything until they are positive that they have isolated the problem.
I guess if the wires get loose over time, they can arc and cause the flickering.
He said it has worked so far
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight