Flickering Lights Whole House
BTW, what is your definition of flicker? Do the lights go totally out or do they just go dim?
After many wrong guesses by electric company personnel, the lineman supervisor found the problem to be the clamp that held the neutral wire to the meter box. The clamp was loose, and when it jiggled (and why it would jiggle, I don't know) every thing flickered. Replacement of the clamp resolved the problem.
Don't let them convince you to do anything until they are positive that they have isolated the problem.
I guess if the wires get loose over time, they can arc and cause the flickering.
He said it has worked so far
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!