Flickering Lights Whole House
BTW, what is your definition of flicker? Do the lights go totally out or do they just go dim?
After many wrong guesses by electric company personnel, the lineman supervisor found the problem to be the clamp that held the neutral wire to the meter box. The clamp was loose, and when it jiggled (and why it would jiggle, I don't know) every thing flickered. Replacement of the clamp resolved the problem.
Don't let them convince you to do anything until they are positive that they have isolated the problem.
I guess if the wires get loose over time, they can arc and cause the flickering.
He said it has worked so far
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects