I just went through an intermittent "pulse"/flickering issue in our home. It would ranfomly occur and then go away unexplainably. It wasnt the whole house it was the upstairs and downstairs kitchen. I found a bonding bar between the neutrals was loose/poor connection. I would recommend verifying the points of connection for all neutral points.
In the picture enclosed, it is the large flat blade/standard lug terminal on the bar that spans the primary/right buss under the Hots to the left neutral buss.
I have the same exact problem as the original poster. My home is 1 year old and I found out that it's the power company providing bad power. (They admitted to this). They said there is an industrial customer that when they run their generators, they cause voltage fluctuations in the line voltage. They said they've been trying to correct the problem for 8 years and still can't do it. I'm about to take them to court because they just keep stringing me along. The utility is Rocky Mountain Power. Any gurus here know of a device I could place on my power main to stop the flickering for my home? I asked Rocky Mountain Power that question and they told me that any device would be overkill for residential use but couldn't give me the information for such a device.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!