I just went through an intermittent "pulse"/flickering issue in our home. It would ranfomly occur and then go away unexplainably. It wasnt the whole house it was the upstairs and downstairs kitchen. I found a bonding bar between the neutrals was loose/poor connection. I would recommend verifying the points of connection for all neutral points.
In the picture enclosed, it is the large flat blade/standard lug terminal on the bar that spans the primary/right buss under the Hots to the left neutral buss.
I have the same exact problem as the original poster. My home is 1 year old and I found out that it's the power company providing bad power. (They admitted to this). They said there is an industrial customer that when they run their generators, they cause voltage fluctuations in the line voltage. They said they've been trying to correct the problem for 8 years and still can't do it. I'm about to take them to court because they just keep stringing me along. The utility is Rocky Mountain Power. Any gurus here know of a device I could place on my power main to stop the flickering for my home? I asked Rocky Mountain Power that question and they told me that any device would be overkill for residential use but couldn't give me the information for such a device.
Frustrating problem! Our house is one year old, and we've had flickering lights from day 1. Either it gets better in the summer time or we don't notice it as much because of less use of lights. The power fluctuations seem to affect our incandescent bulbs mostly (the rest of the house lights are LED). And the fluctuations span across multiple electrical panels. We've had the power company monitor the power from their side. We've had the electricians come out and check everything too. No answers yet, and I'm about to take everyone to court myself too. This is ridiculous! Nobody can figure this out. I've done pretty much everything that has been mentioned in this thread. What now? Please help!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects