Mystery Light Switches
If someone swiched some of the receptacles it is possible they didn't remove the tab between the brass screws and now they are not switched anymore.
Ceiling fan locations are wired for fan and lights....even tho only the fan is installed.....or even a blank cover at the ceiling location......
How about switched exterior outlets for the santa lites?
The only way to figure it out for sure is to simply test every single outlet, interior and exterior, (not just one plug in an outlet pair, but every single plug in your home), and create a map of what switch is connected to what box.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love