Mystery Light Switches
If someone swiched some of the receptacles it is possible they didn't remove the tab between the brass screws and now they are not switched anymore.
Ceiling fan locations are wired for fan and lights....even tho only the fan is installed.....or even a blank cover at the ceiling location......
How about switched exterior outlets for the santa lites?
The only way to figure it out for sure is to simply test every single outlet, interior and exterior, (not just one plug in an outlet pair, but every single plug in your home), and create a map of what switch is connected to what box.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!