One of the topics here was about splicing phone lines and using the 3M type. I bought these (the red ones) but can not for the life of me figure out how to make the splice.
Also, they recommend a specifis tool to use which costs an arm and a leg which I refuse to buy.
So, if you can explain the way to do this it would be greatly appreciated.
Hope you can spare an arm and a leg...
Those scotchloks are designed to work with a special plier...but in a bind you use an ordinary line plier or I even used a needle nose plier, not as fast but when push the wire all the way up to the top in the lock. Take the plier and crimp it a little at a time on each side and keep squeeze it till it is flush with the rest on the lock..
If you have thicker wire like 19 gauge or if you try to crimp on side flat it will pop out and ruin the lock..
Hope this helps..
Door Hardware - reversible?
Frigidaire dryer getting excessively hot on top and ...
Swiffer wetjet and hardwood floors
Laufen tile search - Manirva Pearl 16x16
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!