One of the topics here was about splicing phone lines and using the 3M type. I bought these (the red ones) but can not for the life of me figure out how to make the splice.
Also, they recommend a specifis tool to use which costs an arm and a leg which I refuse to buy.
So, if you can explain the way to do this it would be greatly appreciated.
Hope you can spare an arm and a leg...
Those scotchloks are designed to work with a special plier...but in a bind you use an ordinary line plier or I even used a needle nose plier, not as fast but when push the wire all the way up to the top in the lock. Take the plier and crimp it a little at a time on each side and keep squeeze it till it is flush with the rest on the lock..
If you have thicker wire like 19 gauge or if you try to crimp on side flat it will pop out and ruin the lock..
Hope this helps..
Bruce Monticello Gunstock Brown Parquet
Horrible experience dealing with Lumber Liquidators
Longwood draft regulator
Pergo Laquered American Oak Laminate Flooring
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees