In the last week the temps here in AK have dropped to around 0 degrees and I started hearing a clicking noise outside the rear of my house. It is coming from the rear outside electrical outlet, appears to be from the reset button. I have checked the breaker. The outlet works. Nothing happens when I press reset. The clicking noise is random and intermittent. I won't hear it for a while, then it starts to click regularly. Any ideas?
It does have a test button. I now think the reset button was not functioning correctly. The clicks may have been the button attempting to complete a re-set. In any event, by the time I got ahold of a GFI tester, the outlet was dead. I removed it and capped the wiring and will replace it when the high temp gets a little higher than zero. Hopefully it is just a GFI gone bad, maybe accelerated by the sudden cold snap. Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes