In the last week the temps here in AK have dropped to around 0 degrees and I started hearing a clicking noise outside the rear of my house. It is coming from the rear outside electrical outlet, appears to be from the reset button. I have checked the breaker. The outlet works. Nothing happens when I press reset. The clicking noise is random and intermittent. I won't hear it for a while, then it starts to click regularly. Any ideas?
It does have a test button. I now think the reset button was not functioning correctly. The clicks may have been the button attempting to complete a re-set. In any event, by the time I got ahold of a GFI tester, the outlet was dead. I removed it and capped the wiring and will replace it when the high temp gets a little higher than zero. Hopefully it is just a GFI gone bad, maybe accelerated by the sudden cold snap. Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!