In the last week the temps here in AK have dropped to around 0 degrees and I started hearing a clicking noise outside the rear of my house. It is coming from the rear outside electrical outlet, appears to be from the reset button. I have checked the breaker. The outlet works. Nothing happens when I press reset. The clicking noise is random and intermittent. I won't hear it for a while, then it starts to click regularly. Any ideas?
It does have a test button. I now think the reset button was not functioning correctly. The clicks may have been the button attempting to complete a re-set. In any event, by the time I got ahold of a GFI tester, the outlet was dead. I removed it and capped the wiring and will replace it when the high temp gets a little higher than zero. Hopefully it is just a GFI gone bad, maybe accelerated by the sudden cold snap. Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide