Hello! I have converted my carport to a garage and am setting up for the wiring. I want two outlets (for a total of four spots to plug things in). I also want to change the switch for the light that's already there to a three-way switch.
My questions so far: Can I use PVC conduit for the wires? And is it okay to use those blue plastic boxes for the outlets and the switch?
Yes using pvc is legal, I have done so when I can't get to a certain spots in attics. You can only use 80% of the pvc. If your using sheathed electrical cable there is no way you will come close to that. Using THHN you might need to do some calculating. More than likely you really don't care about all that. The next question about the blue boxes. They need to have the same size holes as your pvc. Example if you have 1/2 pvc you will need a box with 1/2 knockouts. Use a 1/2 male adaptor to connect the pvc to the box. Tell you local hardware store about all this and they will get you lined out.
How to wire 1 bathroom fan into 3 - Fan/Heat/Light F...
Lighting driveway when people drive up to house.
electrical service to a garage
Garage Door Opener
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Decked Out: 12 Innovative Outdoor Living Designs
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 8 (Truly) Unexpected Storage Spots
- 12 Celebrities' Cool Pools
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Colorful Kitchens: 10 Bright & Bold Designs