Hello! I have converted my carport to a garage and am setting up for the wiring. I want two outlets (for a total of four spots to plug things in). I also want to change the switch for the light that's already there to a three-way switch.
My questions so far: Can I use PVC conduit for the wires? And is it okay to use those blue plastic boxes for the outlets and the switch?
Yes using pvc is legal, I have done so when I can't get to a certain spots in attics. You can only use 80% of the pvc. If your using sheathed electrical cable there is no way you will come close to that. Using THHN you might need to do some calculating. More than likely you really don't care about all that. The next question about the blue boxes. They need to have the same size holes as your pvc. Example if you have 1/2 pvc you will need a box with 1/2 knockouts. Use a 1/2 male adaptor to connect the pvc to the box. Tell you local hardware store about all this and they will get you lined out.
How to wire 1 bathroom fan into 3 - Fan/Heat/Light F...
Lighting driveway when people drive up to house.
electrical service to a garage
Garage Door Opener
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 5 Rakes Every Homeowner Should Know
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 8 Great DIY Ways to Use Cinder Blocks
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Perfect Projects
- 8 Countertops You'd Never Believe Were Handmade
- 13 Terror-ific Yards All Decked Out for Halloween
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Design Inspirations for Your Small Bedroom
- Deck the Doors: 10 Wreaths for Autumn Decorating
- 7 Tools to Wage War Against Leaves
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY